Having a Backup is always the wisest choice and gives you a feeling of relaxation. The above quotation will boon for you if you are a professional. As an industrialist you prefer
Outlook for communication, However, for various reasons frequently, its emails were corrupt, and at that point, your level of frustration peaked. But you need not panic, this write-up offers you the best ways to backup Outlook emails to hard drives.
We know Outlook saves its data in two formats: OST and PST. OST stores data without an internet connection, whereas PST stores data when you have an internet connection. However, you frequently experience file corruption in the interim. As a result, many of you want to locally save emails from Outlook. The methods for backing up Outlook emails to external hard drives are covered in the section that follows. Let’s explore these methods.
Save Outlook Emails to Local Destination With Outlook’s In-built Feature
Outlook offers you two ways to back up Outlook emails. Below is the complete description of each method.
Method 1: Save PST Using Import/Export Wizard
- Open the Outlook application and steer to the File tab.
- Choose Import/Export under Open & Export.
- Select the Export to a File option from the list of preferences.
- Decide the saving format as Outlook Data File(.pst) in Create a File of Type page.
- Choose the mail folder you want to back up.
- Decide the location and name for the resultant file.
- At last, click the Finish button.
If you wish to secure your file and want limited access, put a password on it. Once you have locally saved these files, transfer them to the hard drive of your choice.
Method 2: Save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive
With this method, you can save PST in Outlook Message Format, Outlook Message Format- Unicode, Text Only, Outlook Template, HTML, and MHTML format. Follow the below steps.
- Open Outlook and select the message you want to save it locally.
- Move to the File button.
- Choose the Save As option on the new screen.
- Assign the name and decide the saving format for the output message.
- Select the destination for these resultant files.
Using the above method, you can save a single Outlook message at a time in various defined formats. Additionally, availing of these in-built features necessitates technical expertise. In several cases, it’s found that these PST files become corrupt during the procedure.
But using an automated Outlook PST Repair tool, you can remove all these above-defined rids. Let us elaborate on this advanced utility.
Save Emails from Outlook to Hard Drive Without Hassle
The Cigati Outlook PST Repair is a full-fledged utility that helps to recover your data from damaged or inaccessible PST. Additionally, it is highly intelligent and can retrieve your data from encrypted PST files. You have the option to change PST to new formats like EML, DBX, MSG, MBOX, HTML, or a new PST file. Here are the steps to take for saving Outlook emails locally.
Steps to Backup Outlook Emails to Hard Drive
- Download the Cigati Outlook PST repair.
- Click the OK button to add the PST files.
- Select the Recovery Mode, and the utility starts scanning your files.
- Choose the Save button and select the saving format for the resultant file.
- Manage the other utility’s procedure as per requirement.
- At last, click the OK button, and your added PST files are ready to migrate.
The above write-up offers the best methods to Backup Outlook Emails to Hard drives. Manual techniques use, but they have some drawbacks. Contrarily, a professional tool that is simple to use enables you to add corrupted PST files without affecting the utility.