Static Facts of the World are described below. As General knowledge is very important to clear any exam. Here are some of the historical facts and knowledge about the world.
- Sun Temple, Konark (Odisha)
Sun Temple is situated at Konark, Odhisha, India. This is also called surya devalaya and black pagoda. This temple is dedicated to the Hindu God, Surya.
- Discovery of India, Book
‘Discovery of India’ Book was written by ‘Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru’ during his imprisonment (1942-1946) at Ahmednagar fort in Maharashtra. Total Number of pages in the book are 595. Original Language in which the book is published is English.
- SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation)
SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) : SAARC is the intergovernmental organization composed of 8 nations. Headquarters of SAARC Secretariat are at Kathmandu, Nepal. Secretary- General of SAARC is Amjad B. Hussain. SAARC is established on 8th December, 1985. Eight members includes Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Srilanka and Pakistan.
- Mallika Sarabhai – Daughter of Vikram Sarabhai
Mallika Sarabhai is an activist and Indian classical dancer from Ahmadabad, Gujarat. She is the daughter of famous space scientist Vikram Sarabhai. She performs Kuchipudi (Classical dance from Andhra Pradesh) and Bharatanatyam (Classical dance from Tamilnadu).
- India’s First satellite Launching Station is located at thumba. Thumba is a outline district of Thiruvanthampurum city (Capital of kerala).
- Vatican city is the country located in the city of Rome. It is the smallest state in the world area wise. It is ruled by the pope. Pope Francis is the 266th and current pope of the Catholic church.
- Static Facts about Punjab
- Punjab Merged into British territory in the year 1849.
- Adi Granth was composed by Guru Arjan Dev ji in 1604
- 18 Compositions have been included in the Dasam Granth
- Ratnawali is composed by Bhai Mani Singh
- Jafarnama is available in Punjabi and Persian
- Coins of the Sikhs initially is introduced by Banda Singh Bahadar
- Lodi Dynasty was founded by Bahlul Khan Lodi which was succeeded by his second son Sikandar Lodi.
- Ibrahim Lodi, the youngest son of Sikandar Lodi was the last Lodi sultan of Delhi.
- Daulat Khan Lodi was the governor of Lahore during the reign of Ibrahim Lodi.
- Babur attacked Punjab in the year 1519 for the first time.
- Babur attacks Punjab five times
- List of Mughal Emperor in ascending order of their rule is as below:
c.) Akbar (Jalal)
d.) Jahangir (Saleem)
h.) Mujammad Azam Shah
i.) Bahadur Shah I
Last ruler of Mughal Emperor is Bahadur Shah II
- Static Facts about Himachal Pradesh
- First in Himachal Pradesh
- First Chief Minister is Yashwant Singh Parmar
- First Governor is Sh. S. Chakravarti
- First Chief Commissioner is N.C Mehta
- First Chief Justice of India from Himachal Pradesh is Mr. Mehar Chand Mahajan
- First lady governor is Sheela Kaul
- Mr. Sunil Sharma was the first man to climb Mount Everest
- State Symbols of Himachal Pradesh
- State animal : Snow leopard
- State bird: Western Tragopan (Jujurana)
- State Flower: Common rhododendron
- Summer Capital: Shimla
- Winter Capital: Dharamshala
- State Dance: Naati
- Political Facts
- Number of Assembly seats: 68
- Number of Lok Sabha seats: 4
- Number of Rajya Sabha seats: 3
- Conferred statehood : 25th Jan, 1971
- Exciting Concepts
- Toy train(Kalka Shimla Train) is the center of attraction. It covers 806 bridges, 103 tunnels and 18 stations.
- Kasol is also called mini Israel.
- Himachal Pradesh is also called land of deities as almost every village has its own god.
- Lahaul and Spiti district is the largest area wise whereas kangra is largest population wise.
- “Kharjiar” in chamba district is also called mini Switzerland.
- Dusshera of Kullu is very special and lasts for seven days. It starts on Vijaydashmi and attracts a lot of tourist from all over the world.
- Floating island in Parashar lake in Mandi is center of attraction
Some Interesting facts about human body:
- Largest and strongest bone in the human body: Femur (thigh bone)
- Smallest bone in the body: Stapes in ear
- Largest white blood cells: Monocytes
- Smallest white blood cells: Lymphocyte
- Largest gland: Liver
- Largest Artery: Aorta
- Largest vein: Inferior Vena Cava
- Weight of heart: 200-300 gm
- Compared with brain and liver, kidney have a higher blood flow. To know more about functionality of kidney, you may watch video being uploaded by glbaat on this.
- William Harvey is known for circulation of blood.
- Human kidney contain 1.15 millions nephrons.
- Alexander Fleming is known for the discovery of penicillin Lysozyme.
- Blood makes up around 7 % of the body weight.
- Blood cells floats in a yellow liquid called blood plasma.
- Protein Hemoglobin is contained in red blood cells. R.B.C carries oxygen. Hemoglobin contains iron which combines with oxygen which gives red color to blood.
- Platelets prevent blood clot.
- Red blood cells develop in bone marrow and circulates in the body for around 120 days.
- Average volume of blood present in the male is 5.6 litres.
- Average volume of blood present in females is 4.5 litres.
- A new baby have one cup of blood in his/her body.